Sunday, May 1, 2011

At Last.....

At last indeed....

My plan to start a photo blog had been put on the back burner for the longest of time and finally, I've taken the first step. Welcome. Hello but sorry, no photo for the first entry. It's close to 2am and I'm consumed by excitement and insomnia to start this so I haven't got the time and energy to organise the photo but I'm channeling the megabytes of visual juiciness into roman letters of words for the first entry. Like an opening anthem of sort. But watch this space. It'll be serving up visuals soon. Good and bad alike. 

I miss photography....many moons back I was toting my Nikon F50 (given by my dad from his collection of cameras) shooting on film. Then, somehow, my passionate fire in photography whittled away but it has nonetheless lied dormant somewhere inside.

Photography is in my blood. Dad takes awesome photos. Great composition, perfect exposure, nice photographs. Somewhat unexpected of this stern stoic man of few words whose DNA I've inherited. His dad loved photography, evident in a series of vintage black&white family photos and his collection of heirloom cameras. And rumour has it that there's a plethora of different cameras, both vintage and modern, hidden somewhere in my dad's office safe, waiting for me to ransack one day.

And now, a couple of analogue cameras, a myriad of toy lomographic plastic pieces, and a series of digital cameras later, I've found my photo mojo back. Yes, I'm back in business....photography is again pulsing through my vein....and it feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment